We know rules are not very exciting but all businesses have rules and policies that must be followed. These rules are established to allow us to serve you and your pets the best we can. Some of these rules are established by the owners of Red Lion and some are established for legal reasons. If you feel that any of these rules are causing an unnecessary problem for you, please call us and we will try to work something out. Thank you for understanding.
- We accept cash, VISA, Mastercard, and Discover. From established clients we also accept checks.
- We expect full payment at the time services are rendered. We do not negotiate or construct payment plans.
- We do accept and encourage pet insurance.
- A deposit may be required for an illness or surgery requiring hospitalization.
- Arrangements must be made in advanced for any services performed without immediate payment.
Medications and Refills
- Refills must be approved by a doctor. When requesting a refill, please call ahead and allow time for the doctor to review your pets chart. Please do not wait until the last minute or a weekend to call for a refill request.
- Any prescription, whether a refill, a chronic medication, or a new medication can only be filled if your pet has been seen by a doctor within the last year. A valid client-patient-doctor relationship is required by law for prescription medications to be filled.
- Online prescriptions require the authorization of a doctor. Again, please allow time for the doctor to review your medical chart when requesting a refill from an online pharmacy. A nominal charge may be applied for online prescription refills.
Appointment and Office Protocols
- Office visits are by appointment only. If you are unable to schedule an appointment and walk-in, we will work you in. However, those clients with appointments will be seen first. If you have a life-threatening emergency, please let the technician know immediately and we will get a doctor to see your pet.
- Please make every effort to be on time to allow us to continue to see all our clients in a prompt manner. If you will be unable to make your appointment on time, please call us and let us know as early as possible so we can make appropriate arrangements. If you are more than 10 minutes late we will have to work you in as a walk-in.
- For the safety of your pet and any others in the building, please always have your pet on a leash or in a carrier. This will protect all the animals from the unexpected fight and limit contact with potentially contagious animals. Being a hospital, we do see infectious diseases and we don’t want your pet picking up any bugs!